Friday, August 19, 2011

Making Music "Fast" with Band-in-a-Box

Several years ago my longtime friend, Larry Smith, introduced me to an intelligent automatic accompaniment program called Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). He had been experimenting with this creative music composition tool for some time, and has since converted me to become a loyal user.

Band-in-a-Box is a fascinating, versatile music composition program that can be used in many ways. It is a great tool for quickly creating original music, and allows you to explore and develop music ideas with near-instantaneous results.

I simply type in the chords of a new song that I am working own, choose a style that I’d like to try out, and let Band-in-a-Box automatically generate a backing track. By using optional live audio tracks, I can create professional-quality accompaniment tracks. Click here to check out a backing track (in progress) of the old hymn, "All In Him", that I have been working on in my home recording studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment